Pork chops & Avacado pasta



Thin sliced pork chops were on sale last week. We made half the package (crockpot on low with seasoning) and the other half was seasoned and frozen. I brought it out today and baked them today. I think I prefer crockpot as they end up more tender but good either way.

I tried my hand at a new pasta. Avacados are a favorite of mine in recent years. I don’t think I ever had them growing up. They are more pricey but very healthy. One tip I’ve found is find them on sale (less than a dollar each) and get them hard and green. Then you can refrigerate until you are ready to let ripen. They are ready to eat when they turn a deep, almost black green and are softer to the touch. 

For this recipe I used the Pampered Chef manual chopper and added all the ingredients together and chipped it up. (Very similar to my homemade guacamole).

Two cups cooked and drained pasta (I used mini bow tie)
Two ripe avocados 
3 tablespoons minced garlic 
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Dash of salt
3/4 cup mayo 
Bacon pieces (cooked and cut with kitchen scissors into small bits) *optional
One Roma tomato *optional
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Put all ingredients but pasta and Parmesan cheese in the manual food processor and chop/blend into chunky mixture. Stir into drained pasta. Add Parmesan cheese on top to garnish. 

***this photo I used Alfredo instead of mayo and didn’t have a fresh tomato. It was okay but I’ll use mayo next time.

Comments