Ham Mac N Cheese



Easy, simple, fast. A family favorite...should have had leftovers but everyone had seconds.

Now I make Mac n cheese different than I think most. This style came from the Lovingier side and its just what I know as real Mac n Cheese. You can make it from a box mix or with velveeta, but I prefer the stringy goodness of real Cheese.

Ham Mac N Cheese is just Lovingier style Mac n Cheese with chunked ham added. I used frozen ham that I had from buying bulk ham on the bone.

Ingredients: 
*2 cups elbow macaroni uncooked
*3 tablespoons milk
*2 tablespoons butter
* 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby cheese or Colby Jack
*1 cup chopped cooked ham

Directions:

Since I used frozen chopped ham I put that in a skillet with a sprinkling of water and let it get hot. While that was heating up I boiled water for the macaroni. Once to a boil, add 2 cups macaroni. Boil while stirring occasionally for 7-9 minutes or until tender. Drain macaroni. 

Using a casserole dish or any dish that can be microwaved or heated in oven, layer macaroni, ham, shredded cheese and pepper (if desired). The ham adds enough salt but without ham I add a little salt. Top layer is cheese. Drizzle milk over top for moisture. Put butter in small chunks on top. Microwave for 2 minutes or until melted. Or bake in 350 degree oven until melted (approximately 15 minutes).

It’s one of those dishes just as good the second time around too. But I usually add a touch of milk before reheating since the pasta absorbs it. 


Comments